Bothell is Not Playing Games… We're Making Them!
Video Game Creator Contest this Thursday, December 1st at 5:30pm at UW Bothell’s Center for Serious Play.
The makers of the new game creation destination Jumala – will be showing students and attendees how to create visually stunning and remarkably challenging games in Jumala without any programming experience required. The audience will then be invited to enter the Jumala Creator Contest with a chance to compete in a number of game creation categories (additional contest details below).
Come learn about both Jumala and the Center for Serious Play, two locally-based organizations that are shaping the future of gaming here in Washington.
* Demo, How-to and Launch of the Jumala Creator Contest
* Join Members of the Jumala Technology & Design team to learn how to create visually stunning, remarkably challenging games in Jumala – the game about making games, now in open beta.
December 1, 2011 at 5:30pm
UWB Center for Serious Play – 18807 Beardslee Blvd., Ste 107, Bothell, WA 98011
About the Jumala Creator Contest –
* Begins 12/1/11 at 6:00pm PT and ends on 12/4/11 at 9:00pm PT
* Open to both individuals and teams
* Categories include: Most Game Plays, Toughest Game to Beat & Most Creative Game
* Each category winner gets a $500 Visa gift card
About Jumala –
Jumala is a new gaming destination that brings game creation to everyone, no experience or programming skills required. Jumala blends game play, game creation and an interactive community into a single, immersive and fun experience. For more information, and to download Jumala, visit www.jumala.com
About UWB Center for Serious Play –
The Center for Serious Play is a University-based center dedicated to educating students about game design, interactive media, entrepreneurship, innovation and the impact of games and interactive media on contemporary culture